Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#40463 05/03/2004 2:42 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 29
J
newbie
newbie
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 29
I am moving from an old forum to UBB.teads and need to add a batch of users to the forum. I know this is not a feature of UBB.threads (should be) so I will look into hacking the code to do this all at once.

Question:
Which fields in which tables need to be populated? I will need to add user name, password, private email address, and group information.

Additionally, I check for age (COPPA) but I don't have the age/birthdate of the users I will be adding.

Thanks.


Managing your business is important to you.
Managing your web site is important to us.
#40464 05/03/2004 5:44 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 613
Likes: 6
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 613
Likes: 6
You might want to wait for the 6.5 release of UBB.threads, which includes the ability to import external data directly.

It uses the same import/export specifiction as the other Infopop products. See this post over on UBBDev for some information about how the importer works: https://www.ubbdev.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/8/3682.html

You'll need to create your own import spec YAML file, but that's usually a pretty easy thing to do with the existing files as a guide.


Charles Capps
Former UBB.classic Maintainer

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 171 guests, and 128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)