I am interested in the same sort of idea that I think James is posting about.
I think this relates to adding another access permission---something like "read forum list only" or similiar.
Greg, can you explain your "dummy" forum a bit more, I don't quite understand. I looked over your forums, but it looked like I could see all the forums with activity going on.
For more specifics on what I want to do:
I have a site with Paid and Public forums. I'd like all visitors to be able to see the full forum list, but not be able to enter the Paid Forums until they are a member of the Paid Forums group. URL for my site is
www.pitracer.com and as a guest you will see 5 of the 19 forums. Again, I'd like guests to see the list of all 19 forums, just not be able to get into them until they are a Paid Member.
Thanks!
Any more ideas? Thanks.