Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15
This has been driving me nuts for two days now. Any attempt I make to go from 5.5 to 6.4.2 or 6.5 b1 fails. 6.4.2 appears to work if I log in, all my info is there. However, hitting Admin leads to a blank page. Any action to get to the admin section is the same result.

So. I tried changing my password. No go.

I logged in as the old admin who I took over for (the first user). No go. Chanegd his password. No go.

The raw database shows my groups as -3-1- as it should and user type of Administrator.

When I tried to go right to 6.5 b1, I could never authenticate to the upgrade page.

I even thought it was some old 5.5 files, so I did a clean file install, rebuilt the config.inc.php by hand, and still get the same issues.

During this process, there are no errors anywhere. None on the page, and none in the apache logs.

Help would be appreciated. I haven't brought down my boards yet, been doing this on a test board thus far. But I need to get the upgrade done soon, before a long vacation coming up.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 15
Ok, after starting to debug the admin files line by line, found my languages/english/admin folder was set with the wrong permissions out of the tarball.

Seems fine now, going to go to 6.5 now as a test. I found the password hash issue, I think that was the 6.5 bug I was running into.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Thanks for the followup. Glad you got things going.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Phun), 259 guests, and 127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)