Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 58
M
journeyman
journeyman
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 58
Is the oldphpbb_2_0_8x.yaml at http://www.infopop.com/yaml/ the proper import utility for me to use so that I can import my users and posts from phpbb into a UBB.Threads installation?

Just curious, I have tried it a number of times tonight, and while it states that it is working, nothing is dumped (at all). I tried the comma and double-quote delimiters mentioned in the Admin doc, I also tried my own, and nothing worked.

Curious if this is the right yaml file!

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 613
Likes: 6
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 613
Likes: 6
The file is invalid, thus the rename. We are currently QAing the replacement file. It should be available in the next day or so.

(Don't forget to export your data using the "Put column names as first row" option in phpMyAdmin!)

Last edited by Charles Capps; 09/30/2004 1:52 AM.

Charles Capps
Former UBB.classic Maintainer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 58
M
journeyman
journeyman
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 58
Thanks Charles. No rush on my latest site, it can site under phpbb 2.0.8 for a little while longer. I am seeing if I can get a .yaml file working myself.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
It appears that the importer has a few problems still as well. So, any imports will more than likely fail or get stuck in a loop. We're working on this now.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 58
M
journeyman
journeyman
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 58
Yea, I went ahead and used a workaround and imported the data outside of the threads importer.

Thanks for the update Charles and Rick.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 407 guests, and 105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)