Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
stranger
stranger
P Offline
after the upgrade to 6.5 i can't no more "become this user" in the user management as an admin. error: you may not becom another user unless your cookie path in your advanced settings is set to /
so where are my advanced settings?

another problem: a mod which is alowed to change users can take away groups from a user bus can't set them. for me as admin it is no problem.
(this is why i wanted to become this user, just to see what's happening)

regards

D
journeyman
journeyman
D Offline
You can set the cookie path by going to Primary Settings, General tab. Expand the Advanced Options (by clicking the + sign). You will see the entry for Cookie Path about mid-way down the list.

A moderator can add or remove users to/from a group that the moderator belongs to. The moderator should not be able to create groups or delete them, just add remove users.

P
stranger
stranger
P Offline
thank you, i found the cookie path and it works now.

the add/remove thing for the moderator doesn's work correctly as i've seen now for myself. the mod sees only the groups he belongs to. he can also remove users from this groups but he can't add them. this seems to be a bug.

K
journeyman
journeyman
K Offline
hi there: i tested this out on another installation, and it worked correctly for me... let me ask you a few questions:

when you saw the issue for yourself, did you use the "Become this user" feature to log in as the mod? Then, can you describe the exact steps you took to add a user to a group, and then remove them?

Kate Thaete
Groupee Guide: Scriptkeeper
Groupee, Inc.
P
stranger
stranger
P Offline
the mod had the problem when he loged in normaly. i tried it with the "become this user" to log in as the mod. same result. i can remove the group membership but can't add it.

to add an user to a group i search the user in the userlist or in the user administration in the admin section, i select the user, then select edit this user, then go to userrights and there i select or deselect the group membership. i tried it the same way as mod.

when i'm admin, this works perfectly, as mod symptom as described.

K
journeyman
journeyman
K Offline
hmmm. that's strange. would you mind submitting a support ticket, so that we can have a look at this?

Kate Thaete
Groupee Guide: Scriptkeeper
Groupee, Inc.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,073 guests, and 180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29