Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 28
U
newbie
newbie
U Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 28
ok, i'm totally confused about this. I have a user who cannot make her signature show up. It's a text based signature, and I've looked and I cannot get it to work.

as said, Her signature again is all text with no special characters or anything..., I log in as the user, I can see the sig in her 'my home', and i can preview the sig... if I update it... the board gets pissy with me and won't let me update her, but i can only assume that's because it's me 'becoming this user'.

I can modify my sig no problem, and no one else has reported the problem.

I looked on her profile through the admin to see if there was something that would restrict it but i couldn't find anything.

****

side question. Is there a way to limit picture sizes in one's pic??? I can find where i can limit the text but i can't limit a pic or physical size. Is this just more of an active mgmt thing???

We also have MANY reports of problems with the viewed threads component of the site. It is very hit/miss, and I see it on a regular basis too where you will come to the board and not be logged on, look at one forum, logon, and suddenly everything is marked as read. ...


general confusion, any ideas or thoughts would be great...

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 28
U
newbie
newbie
U Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 28
My last comment about the threads all ending up marked as read just happened on this board too... is this just a quirk with infopop???

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 742
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 742
You should be able to edit the profile as her - so probably the issue has to do with "the board gets pissy".

If you can elaborate on that error... that might be the key.
Also - when she posts, is the "add signature to this post" box being checked?


Joshua Pettit
Web Developer
www.ThreadsDev.net | www.JoshuaPettit.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Phun), 259 guests, and 127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)