Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#43808 01/11/2005 5:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hello,

I have been reading everything I can before this post. I can not seem to find an answer to my problem. I am trying to run the install script. I have tried the following url:

1.http://mydomainname/ubbthreads/install/index.php
--this does not work and it produces an error message :
Not Found
The requested URL /ubbthreads/install/index.php was not found on this server.

--the directory install does not exist (at least I can not find it)

2. http://mydomainname/ubbthreads/index.php
--I did this because there is no install directory. This takes me to the following url:

http://mydomainname/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php

--at the above url I get the follwoing message:

Warning: main( /ubbt.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /nfs/cust/4/47/17/571744/web/ubbthreads/main.inc.php on line 13

Warning: main(): Failed opening ' /ubbt.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php/include') in /nfs/cust/4/47/17/571744/web/ubbthreads/main.inc.php on line 13

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getmicrotime() in /nfs/cust/4/47/17/571744/web/ubbthreads/main.inc.php on line 16

Now, I have read on the forum and found some posts with similiar errors but the answers did not help me...for example a suggestion was to check the paths in the main.inc.php file but I have not set any paths to anywhere because part 7 of the insatallation guide which is Run Install Script (I assume I am reading it correctly) will walk me through the installation process step by step. I assume this part will help me set paths and URLs.

--I have contacted my web host to see if my server is working correctly and they say that it is.
--The server is a linux server
--I am trying to insatll the trial version

Any reply is appreciated. I am eager to see the trial version run properly.

Sincerely,
tee

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 3
J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 3
What he said - no Install dir.

Downloaded UBBthreads-trial.zip last night, 1-10-05

Thanks

#43810 01/12/2005 12:10 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hello,

I don't understand your reply. I am trying to run an install script that is not working. I have read many many post and none appear to fit my situation. I am asking for helpful people to reply.

-thanks

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 10
L
stranger
stranger
L Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 10
Hi Tee,

There is no install directory in the demo version, which really isn't clear in our documentation. Try going to http://mydomainname/ubbthreads/install.php Does that work?


Laurie Rodriguez
Infopop
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hello,

The url http://mydomainname/ubbthreads/install.php gave me the following result: No input file specified.

I can not find an install.php file anywhere in any of the directories of the files I unzipped. However, there is an INSTALL.html file that gave me a link to an install.php file but when I clicked on it gave me the same result as above.

Thank you for your reply.

-tee

#43813 01/13/2005 12:04 AM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 3
J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 3
Sorry Tee, I meant that I had the same problem, that there might be an error in the package, but apparently there isn't.

Sorry for the confusion...

Jon

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hello,

I have solved the problem. My install file was saved as install.original and not install.php. I changed the .original to .php and it worked out. So far... so good.

-thanks


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Selling a Forum?
by ECNet - 10/10/2026 10:54 AM
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 469 guests, and 123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)