Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23
M
stranger
stranger
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23
In 6.5 moderators cannot ban by IP address.. I miss this feature. Why it was removed? If I am asked already answered question, please point me to the topic. Also, why I should give my moderators Edit user rights just to ban users?


Thank you!

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 6
M
stranger
stranger
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 6
I'm confused about this too.

Recently a board I moderate on got upgraded, and no IP banning. The admin is good at banning IPs per request (via Apache config), but what's the point in taking it away? Or is it some admin option that hasn't been enabled?

I do tend to find UBB threads make decisions for the consumer about what they should have. I mean, I'm sure there's a lot of customisable options, but it seems some decisions are made for admins because they don't know better? ("This search feature is better, you have to use it", "X feature will make your boards run slower, now you can't use it"). Sorry if that seems rude, it's a great product, but it's just the impression I get.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 304 guests, and 96 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)