Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#44382 03/01/2005 1:27 AM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 18
M
Stranger
Stranger
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 18
I just installed 6.5 on a Unix server. Everything seemed to go according the installation manual. However, after adding a new forum, trying to enter the new forum through the main index area gives me a “404” – the page doesn’t seem to exist.

I’m sure the solution is simple. I just can’t find it.

Any suggestions?

#44383 03/01/2005 4:05 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956
Check the path setup in the config. Up to 99% the error is there.


my board: http://www.dragonclan-forum.de
my hobby: http://www.biker-reise.de
Ich kann bei Fragen zu UBBthreads in Deutsch weiterhelfen oder es zumindest versuchen
#44384 03/07/2005 5:01 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 18
M
Stranger
Stranger
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 18
I looked into the paths settings and it all looks good. What I have has passed the installation procedure, which also leads me to believe that it is correct. I’ve checked the permission for the directories and files and they too seem to be accordance with the instructions. However, I’m sure that I have over looked something. I just can’t figure out what.

When I click on the “Main Index” link in the content island (/ubbt/ubbthreads.php/Cat/0), the page is not found. When I create a new forum, the title will show in the main index (ubbthreads.php), but when you click on it, the page is not found. You can, however, get to the new forum through the Forum Settings page in the control panel.

Any ideas from here?

#44385 03/07/2005 8:05 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 613
Likes: 6
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 613
Likes: 6
Your server software doesn't know how to handle the spider-friendly URLs.

If you're using Apache, you may need to play with the AcceptPathInfo directive - see the top of http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html


Charles Capps
Former UBB.classic Maintainer

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 225 guests, and 88 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)