Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
U
U Offline
After we upgraded to 6.5.1 I've had two problems occur due to a 'file quota' we have on our server.

Yesterday it happened again, we're a fairly high volume board, but nothing out of control or mainstream, but we do about 3.5million hits per month or about 40gb of traffic. I'd say a vast majority of this is board traffic.

What we're seeing happen is suddenly the board is dead, and will provide an error that is usually related to writing to a file when someone posts. I unfortunately didn't grab the error message but the problem squarly lies with our file quota.

Now, this is fine except we're getting this just HUGE list of files in our root directory (./) that are ubb related session files it looks like.

I looked through our admin, and we don't have sessions turned on, and we have the cookie stuff set to default

(primary / general / advanced) cookie path is set to "/" ... which is where all these files are accumulating.

Can someone please provide me with any sort of technical insight to how this cookie path works, are these files deleted after a period of time (which i would assume)? Or any additional information anyone could provide so i can better troubleshoot why suddenly after an upgrade we have our boad die twice in just a small matter of time whereas before we've never had this problem in the 6 years prior.

I've now set my file quota to 100k on this server when it was sitting at 30k. I had set it to 60k the first time this happened, and thought we were just growing too fast... but as said... days later (yesterday) it happened again.

help me obiwan...

U
U Offline
I currently have over 6700 ubb session files in my root directory if that helps...

Old Hand
Old Hand
6.5.1 use internal session files to resolve the cookie issue. Theses files should not store in root. Check your session directory in control panel - Primary Settings - Advanced Options
Set it to an existings directory (if you can set it outside the webroot) und do the test. it must have the permission 666 or 777. Leave your membersettings to cookies! not turn traking members with sessions. The session files should be deleted automaticly after ~30 minutes if no longer needed.

my board: http://www.dragonclan-forum.de
my hobby: http://www.biker-reise.de
Ich kann bei Fragen zu UBBthreads in Deutsch weiterhelfen oder es zumindest versuchen

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 661 guests, and 171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29