Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#44659 04/05/2005 7:52 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 41
M
newbie
newbie
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 41
On March 31st, I opened a tech support ticket regarding a problem I am having with all email from UBB.T having blank bodies (<BODY></BODY>).

The last response I got was on April 2 which read: "I'm not sure what's causing the blank emails. I've been researching and can't find any mention of it. I'm going to ask the developer for help. We'll keep you posted."

Since then I have posted requests twice more with no response whatsoever.

I hate to be a nudge, but I'm thinking "I paid $299 for this software and it doesn't work. Wouldn't you think someone at Infopop would be on top of this?"

Tell me, honestly, do you think I am being impatient or unreasonable?

Last edited by Dave Brown; 04/05/2005 7:54 PM.
#44660 04/06/2005 4:04 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 93
A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 93
Well, if you have a look at the bugs forum here and the release cycles you could think that there are no developers for ubb.threads.


---
Take your community to the next level
#44661 04/06/2005 11:03 AM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 613
Likes: 6
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 613
Likes: 6
Hello Dave,

No, you are not being unreasonable, and you should post back to the ticket asking for a response.

Rick has been without internet connectivity for the past week or so, unfortunately, which is likely the cause of the delay.


Charles Capps
Former UBB.classic Maintainer
#44662 04/07/2005 10:04 AM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 41
M
newbie
newbie
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 41
I just heard back from tech support today. Apparently there is only one programmer who knows the internals of UBB.T -- and, from what you say, he's been disconnected from the Internet and out of touch for a week or so.

Hmmm.. I sure hope Infopop owns a good life insurance policy on this guy!


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (vscope, SteveS), 683 guests, and 121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)