Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 7
G
gg
Offline
stranger
stranger
G Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 7
Everytime I create a new forum, it defaults a link as:
postlist.php/Cat/0/Board/myforumname

I believe it should be the following:
postlist.php?Board=myforumname

The result of this is HTTP 404 messages when I click on the links to any new forum I create. Any suggestions?

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 7
G
gg
Offline
stranger
stranger
G Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 7
Sorry, I just figured it out. I had the Spider-friendly URL feature enabled and had to turn it off.

Will my boards still be picked up by Google, MSN, etc. if this feature is disabled? If not, how to I enable this feature without getting the HTTP 404 message?

Thanks.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
You'll need your php updated by your host, it sounds like.


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 7
G
gg
Offline
stranger
stranger
G Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 7
Still getting the page not found message when enabling the spider friendly feature.

I was on the phone with my host today for 45 minutes and they could not fix it. PATH_INFO environ. variables are confirmed......and am using PHP 4

Any other suggestions or circumstances when this doesn't work? Thanks.

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 7
G
gg
Offline
stranger
stranger
G Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 7
Just a bit more info.......my host provider is in a migratory phase from PHP 4.0.6 to 4.3.10.

PHP 4.0.6. is the default until they fully make the switch so we had to create an ht.access file so my PHP files would re-route to 4.3.10............so I am using 4.3.10 but through a routing mechanism via an htaccess file.

Any help would be appreciated.....the whole reason I started these threads is because I wanted the search engines to pick them up!!

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 9
Z
stranger
stranger
Z Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 9
I'm having the same problem > enabled spider friendly pages > active forum is fine > My Forums (or Forum Index Page is HTTP 404.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Can I get some links to your forums which are having these issues?


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
What OS / Control Panel?

Have a search on ubbdev.com - I recall posting a fix for some types of servers a good 2 or 3 years ago, when spider friendly url's were a hack and not built in.



Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Geoff), 614 guests, and 85 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)