Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#45839 12/20/2005 7:45 PM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Didn't know where else to ask this question so it's going in here.

My Board suddenly went dead after running great for nearly 3 years. No changes have been done on my end to any files so I'm at a loss as to what happened.

I had my ISP host tech support check the database and it is working fine. All I get is the generic "The page cannot be displayed - Cannot find server or DNS Error". But tech support sees a mysql error, which is repeated all over the place. I haven't a clue what it means or how to go about remedying the situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm running version 5.4.4

See the attached screenshot tech support sent me for the error.

THANKS!
Attachments
43331-forum_error.zip (0 Bytes, 115 downloads)

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!
A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
Tell your host to have a look at the logfiles of the mysql server. The exact error should be displayed there. Looks that one of your tables is corrupted.
Should be an easy fix with:
REPAIR TABLE <tablename>;

---
Take your community to the next level
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
The tech support worker said he had never seen that type of error before and didn't have a clue what to do to remedy it. Since the Board is a 3rd-party item not supplied by the Host, they aren't "authorized" to offer any help. I have to believe that somebody on their end did something to cause the problem, but I could be wrong. Anyway, again, here is the error that was given to me:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/www/the-highway/forum/mysql.inc.php on line 133.

Sorry, but that's all I know other than it was said, although not verified, that they were doing maintenance on that server earlier in the day. And, I can access the database via phpMyAdmin.

Thanks,

Jeff

A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
That's a warning from a php script and not the error from the mysql server. Do you have mysql error logging enabled at your board? If so, have a look at this logfiles.

Otherwise use phpMyAdmin and check all your tables. Repair them if necessary.

---
Take your community to the next level
#45843 12/22/2005 12:16 AM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I downloaded a small portion of the 512 meg Error log and the problem was "Too many connections". I called my Host's tech support back and they bumped the ticket up to Level II. Within an hour I got a reply saying that the "Abuse Team" had arbitrarily disabled the Board (they didn't say how) because they said the Board was using too many resources. I did notice in the logs a huge amount of entries for "Yahoo Slurp!", which I suspect caused the "Too many connections".

I haven't a clue how to prevent this from happening again. So right now, I'm in a conundrum. []http://www.the-highway.com/Smileys/hairout2.gif[/]

Thanks for taking the time to help out.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 686 guests, and 131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29