#46275
04/13/2006 9:51 AM
|
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 4
stranger
|
|
stranger
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 4 |
Hi Everyone,
I’m having a problem upgrading my ubbthreads from version 6.4.1 to 6.5. I’m pretty sure that I did everything before I attempted the upgrade. Below is the pre-install.
Copied all files from ubb 6.5 folder to 6.4.1 folder, except for the config.inc.php, main.inc.php, and theme.inc.php files. Moved the config.inc.php, main.inc.php, and theme.inc.php files to the includes folder. Replaced the admin folder with the new version folder and ran altertables-6.4-6.4.1.
When I call the upgrade.php file from my web browser I get the following message.
The following files are reporting a wrong version # (Make sure you updated these files) followed by a long list of php files.
I even tried a clean install and then inserted my current table data into the newly created tables. All works except that I get an error when I click to read a post. The boards and the threads all work ok, it’s just the posts that are a problem. Below is the error message that I get.
Script: /home/www/html/ubb/ubbt.inc.php Line#: 1565 SQL Error: Unknown column 'U_SearchSession' in 'field list' SQL Error #: 1054 Query: SELECT U_Display, U_Groups, U_PostsPer, U_PicturePosts, U_FlatPosts, U_TimeOffset,U_ShowSigs,U_TimeFormat,U_Ignored,U_SearchSession,U_Preview,U_TextCols,U_TextRows,U_Username,U_Password,U_SessionId, U_StyleSheet, U_Status, U_Privates, U_FrontPage, U_Number, U_Banned,U_LastOn,U_OC_Userid FROM w3t_Users WHERE U_Number = '2'
I ran a repair table which didn’t do any good. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I’m out of ideas and don’t know how to prceed from here.
Thanks, Brian
|
|
|
#46276
04/13/2006 11:40 AM
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1 |
It appears that the tables haven't been altered. Did the altertable steps run or did you get any sql error messages when trying to do the upgrade?
From that error, the U_SearchSession field didn't get created, which is a new field in the 6.5 version. There were many database changes so the first thing we need to find out is if the altertables ran completely during the upgrade.
|
|
|
#46277
04/13/2006 2:51 PM
|
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 4
stranger
|
|
stranger
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 4 |
Hi Rick, Thanks for the quick answer. I had the old upgrade.php file and that's why I had a problem with the upgrade recognizing the version. I downloaded the updated version of the file from here. I was able to get as far as step 34 and got another error. Below is the error I got. [] SQL Query: CREATE TABLE w3t_ContentIslands ( C_Number MEDIUMINT(8) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY AUTO_INCREMENT DEFAULT '0', C_Name VARCHAR(255), C_Type VARCHAR(25), C_LastUpdate INT(11), C_Source TEXT, C_IncludeNumber MEDIUMINT(4), C_IncludeBody MEDIUMINT(8), C_Javascript TINYINT(1), C_Include TINYINT(1), C_Width VARCHAR(20), C_RSS_92 TINYINT(1), C_RSS_1 TINYINT(1), C_RSS_2 TINYINT(1), C_FileLock VARCHAR(100), C_CacheFor MEDIUMINT(4), C_Ext VARCHAR(10), C_Members MEDIUMINT(4) ) Reason for failure: Invalid default value for 'C_Number [/] I found a link here with the solution to this error but got an access denied page. https://www.ubbcentral.com/boards/s...oard=threads652bugs&Number=42386 How do I get past this error? Thanks again, for the quick reply. Brian
|
|
|
#46278
04/13/2006 3:03 PM
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1 |
This is one of those bugs that should have been fixed but unforunately hasn't been. If you open up the altertable-6.5.php file in the install directory and look at line 679, you see this
C_Number MEDIUMINT(8) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY AUTO_INCREMENT DEFAULT '0',
That should be:
C_Number MEDIUMINT(8) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY AUTO_INCREMENT,
|
|
|
#46279
04/18/2006 3:20 PM
|
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 4
stranger
|
|
stranger
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 4 |
That did the trick.
Thanks for all your help. I appreciate it.
Brian
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
563
guests, and
80
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|