Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#85941 02/07/2003 9:55 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I am new and not so new. I have not much knowledge as to how all this works, but this is what has happened. Back in Jan. I lost the Private message function on my site. It shows up, but all members are empty of old pm's and no new ones can be sent.
This PM function has been disabled some how.
Now as I go to the control panel to access thing's for the site I get a error message telling me this
"Apache server is not present" or something like that.
CAN a virus or worm do this to a site?
I am use less and can not get in.
It is like the site is just slowly falling apart, so what do I do?
Andy

#85942 02/07/2003 12:27 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Unless you're on a dedicated server, the "Apache" error message is something your hosting provider will have to address.

If you're on a Unix server, it's unlikely to be a virus, but not impossible, but again, your hosting provider should address this.

As for your PM's, it sounds like some of your files/directories have been trashed, most likely, and permissions may have been changed on the scripts.

I'd strongly suggest you open a support ticket and let the experts take a look to see what's going on, these may be separate problems, or they may all be related.

I think I'd look for another hosting provider, too.

--------------
Bill
Disabilities Bulletin Board


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 156 guests, and 140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)