Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 12
S
stranger
stranger
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 12
I have changed the image that appears as the main logo at the top of the bulletin board pages. (I created a customized .gif, and gave it the name bbtitle.gif.)
I would like to jump the user back to the website's home page, instead of the first page of the bulletin board, when they click the logo.

Is there a way I can do that?
Can't find anything obvious in the various administrative settings...

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 613
Likes: 6
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 613
Likes: 6
NonCGI/Templates/public_common.pl, around Line 228

There should be a reference to $vars_style{BBTitle}

You'll need to edit that statement to change the image to return to the homepage.


Charles Capps
Former UBB.classic Maintainer
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 23
A
stranger
stranger
A Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 23
Hello,

I have tried to change the URL in this case. However, no success. I have been told that the cache needs to be cleared to reflect the changes. I have done that also, but still can't see the changes. I used the "Clear Cached Pages" from the CP, is it the way to clear cache?

Thanks,
Tippy


-an adventure is simply a well planned trip gone awry.
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 613
Likes: 6
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 613
Likes: 6
Clear Cached Pages, check every box on there and submit. Also, make sure your browser isn't caching the page either.


Charles Capps
Former UBB.classic Maintainer

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Geoff), 614 guests, and 85 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)