Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
G Offline
It seems to me that the Next/Previous topic links at the bottom of a thread doesn't work. Either that, or I don't understand how they're supposed to work.

I was at the second topic in the list, from the top, the first one was unread. Next topic brought me to the first topic in the list, and the next click brought me to a "no more in this direction". Shouldn't I've been brought to the "no more topics" page directly, since the first post was already read? Besides, it's always bugged me that next topic means next by date, not by list, which seems backwards, if the list is sorted the way I want it, shouldn't those link work accordingly? Well, that's just a side note.

After that, when I went back to the second topic in the list and clicked previous, it seems to me that I should get to the next in the list all the way until I don't have any unread topics any more. What happened though was that I came to a new topic (can't remember where in the list it was though) and the next click on Previous got me to the "no more topics in this direction" page again. Going back to the topic list it still shows 8 unread topics on the first page, as though I haven't read any but the two first topics in the list. Does the previous topic send me all the way to the last unread topic? A new test shows that it actually sends me to the last topic in the list altogether.

Last edited by Rick; 07/04/2006 12:36 AM.

aka Olle Johansson
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
The way these "should" work is if you were to start at the very first topic on page 1, "previous topic" would step you through every topic on the forum until you were at the last one. "Next topic" would take you from the last topic on the forum, to the first one on page 1.

Next seems to be working ok, but it looks like Previous is bugged a bit still.

There has never been an equal opinion from everyone on how these should work. Some thing previous should take you down through the last and not up, some vice-versa.

G
G Offline
Originally Posted by Rick
The way these "should" work is if you were to start at the very first topic on page 1, "previous topic" would step you through every topic on the forum until you were at the last one. "Next topic" would take you from the last topic on the forum, to the first one on page 1.

Next seems to be working ok, but it looks like Previous is bugged a bit still.

OK, didn't check the next one more than from the second topic.

Originally Posted by Rick
There has never been an equal opinion from everyone on how these should work. Some thing previous should take you down through the last and not up, some vice-versa.

Yeah, I get that, and now that I know it should work the way I think it should, I'm happy. =]

aka Olle Johansson

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Napalm, 1 invisible), 867 guests, and 189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29