Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#87221 03/11/2004 12:08 AM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 43
J
J
Offline
newbie
J
newbie
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 43
Hi,
I noticed that you can make the following adjustments to the avatar settings:

Image Height (Pixels):
Image Width (Pixels):
Force Avatar Height/Width: On/off

If I increase the size of the height and width from 48 to 65, and have "force avatar height/width" set to ON, then it automatically scales *up* images that are smaller than 65x65. This results in quite ugly looking avatars. Is there some way to prevent it from scaling *up* smaller images but still have it scale *down* larger images?

#87222 03/11/2004 9:39 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
What the code is doing is just telling the img tag that the image's dimensions are 65x65, from what I know of how it does it there isn't a way of making it only work for scaling down.

Perhaps use PhotoShop to resize the image?


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
#87223 03/11/2004 2:39 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Yes, the force size option just adds attributes to the image tag. There is no way for us to determine true image sizes at this point...


This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
#87224 03/11/2004 5:33 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
yey I got one right :X...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Selling a Forum?
by ECNet - 10/10/2026 10:54 AM
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 469 guests, and 123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)