Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6
F
stranger
stranger
F Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6
Hi there,

OK, here's the question:

I have a content island showing the last 10 posts in all forums.
The island is displayed on the front page of a website.

How can I lock the text size?

With a bit of CSS tweaking I’ve managed to lock the ‘RE: This post’ text at 10px and I’ve also managed to tweak a lot of the color and font settings too but…

The username and number of posts in topic won’t lock down; no matter what I try the option ‘view text size’ in Internet Explorer always allows the resize of the user name and number of posts.

I want the content island to match the main page, I could make new "Style Template" (just for the content island) with 'text size' and 'forum description text size' set to "1" (or whatever), along with the table colours I want but you’ll still be able to resize the font yourself in IE with the view text size command’.

In the forum I want the resize option, but on the front-page I do not, I want all text to be unchangeable and set at 10px (for the sake of a font size)

I’ve seen similar questions but none that address the issue of locking the font size and not allowing ‘view text size’ to resize text as it wishes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 55
M
journeyman
journeyman
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 55
You might check this post here, tacks is pretty thorough with the changes:

https://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=000836;p=1#000005

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 141
O
member
member
O Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 141
I don't think this is possible.

Well, it's possible with the pt sizes in IE, but not the px sizes.

And most other browsers allow you to resize text no matter what


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 156 guests, and 140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)