Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 11
J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 11
I have searched the forum for an answer to this with no luck. I have a custom field on the registration page that asks a person signing up for their unique membership number in our organization. I need this field to verify their identity. I don't want this field to show up in their public profile for others to see.

Is there a way to do this?

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 174
R
member
member
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 174
Unfortunately, there's no way - without hacking...

If you're interested in modifying the code, you can inquire over at UBBDev. The one caveat to this is that Infopop doesn't support hacks so if at any time you require our assistance with a modified board, we'll first ask you to remove the hacks, otherwise, your board could encounter major problems.

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 10
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 10
I have exactly the same problem.

I have to manually work around it by creating a custom 'show and require' field.

When I approve the registration I cut and paste their membership number into the user notes field which can only be seen by moderators.

This worked ok, but I then found that each time a user updated there profile they were prompted again for their membership number in the empty field.

To avoid this, when I cut the membership number form the field, I type in 'Supplied, thank you' which stops them being prompted to complete it again.

It's a risky workaround as there's always the chance they may enter it again, but it seems to have worked ok so far.

Would be interested to hear any better solutions though.

Best Regards
Steve

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Your best bet is a mod over at UBBDev which shouldn't be anything large. Note that any modifications to the UBB stock code will void your warrenty for support from infopop.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 166 guests, and 137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)