Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
M Offline
I have just installed a new UBB Classic baord on my server. I initally registered with a defult account user name "admin" and then assigned a password. I lost that password, and tried to use the feature to have the board send me a replacement password.

The message I get whenever clicking on the link that says forgot password, it tells me that the administration of the board has not yet configured this feature.

Now, I have looked in every asspect of my control panel and can't find anything about how to set it up so that users can have the board send passwords if they are fogotten? Pehaps I've over looked something. Can anyone of you please tell me how to set this feature up in UBB Classic 6.7.2 ?? Thanks!

Former Developer
Former Developer
Go to your CP and goto Primary Settings, Email tab and enable email features. You can manually retrieve your admin password by FTP'ing to your site, goto your members directory and download the 00000001.cgi file. The second line is the password.

Charles Capps
Former UBB.classic Maintainer
M
M Offline
Thanks, Ron it works now for me. Too bad I didnt think of this before I deleted the orginal user account which was user name and display "admin." Oh well!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Ruben, Nightcrawler), 656 guests, and 153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29