Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
M Offline
I have created a content island. I have the following html code generated upon creation.
Where do I put it? What is the file name on the server I need to put this code in?

-------------------------------------------------
*[The Code]

------------

<!--#include virtual="d:/vhosts/myusername/public_html/ubb/ContentIslands/2/html.html" -->

z-----

I wish I had more knowlege about this stuff. Its why I'm here so I can participate and learn. You have to admitt. I'm getting better.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
You need to put it on whatever page you want folks to see it on... For instance, if you want to put it on the main page that people see when they come to your domain, you'd need to put that code into your index or 'start page' file. On your site, it looks like it would be the home.htm file...

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!
M
M Offline
You mean in my actual site index.htm files or inthe board index.html files or cgi files?? You know the island at the top of this board? I want to do something like that accept two of them at the top of my board.

O
O Offline
just set it to javascript instead of html and add the code they give you. little thinking required

M
M Offline
I have tried playing with generating different RSS codes and Java script, but without knowing just where in the cgi files to put this, well you see why I am asking about it.

O
O Offline
you just put it in your header via editing styles in the control panel

M
M Offline
Originally posted by Ian:
[qb] you just put it in your header via editing styles in the control panel [/qb]
I tried this and it ened up at the very top of the board. Where I want it to appear is right above the top thing that shows who's all online.

On this board, I see that the who's online part is down at the bottom. In my control panel I selected to have that display at the top above the forum sumary of catigories. Right above it is where I want to add an announcements content island of some kind. I have tried puting the java script html code in each of those areas specified in the html inserts in styles under that template. I am not sure if the thing in the top of the forum here called 'version 5 assistance" is actually one of these content island thing just modified a little bit. But, I want to ahve something like that that has an introduction announcements in it along with a link to a page called "New Friends Info Pack."

O
O Offline
go to display settings, forum summary, and make that the forum introduction

M
M Offline
Already figured that out by playing with it.. In fact, I just did it but didnt like the results that I cant customize the text part of the content. All my software does is generate a basic html type javascript code that is based upon some already exsiting in the modules directory of the non cgi files for several choice type content islands, such as: New members. What I want is the introduction in there and the most recent members at the same time or what I will call "Buddy Assignments"

After some expermenting around, here is what I have learned I could could do. I have a skill in making custom images for my new board. In fact, some of you whom have had the distinct opportunity to visit the url of my new UBB board have already seen some of the custom images and icons I have made for all forums. Its pretty cool looking and I am actually having fun with UBB Classic as I love what I can do with it. It's so customizable.

I have seen many other boards of this type on many different sites. I have seen some pretty cool hop ups done on many of these boards. However, each forum in itself can be customized exactally the images and details desired. I beleive to show off infopops truly one of a kind awsome features of its development, this board should be completely revamped to many different colour schemes and images in each forum.

I have seen many cool designs on many boards using infopop UBB Classic such as the "Back to the Future" Message board on their site. Truly that board is unique and one of a kind. However, I intend on making my board litterally top of the line of all of them. That is why I keep comming here, as I am going to need some help from those who know this totally awsome software. I will be back with my next adventure yet.

Btw, I will post back how the creating an image with this information I want to use and modifying the image with a link on it using html the way I want.. You all have to admit this should be very intresting.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 681 guests, and 174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29