Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 52
T
journeyman
journeyman
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 52
HI, we recently realized that our board wasn't sending the registration email. The location of sendmail is correct. As far as I can figure, there is not an option somewhere that says "send" or "don't send" -- all email functions are enabled. Where else should I be looking to figure out why this is not going out?

Thanks!
Marianne

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 52
T
journeyman
journeyman
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 52
I should add that this is a 6.5 board (I know - we should upgrade, it's on the to do list...)

It sens other emails -- like lost passwords, etc.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Do you know if this has always been the case, or if it's a recent change?

Make sure that both email addresses in the control panel are filled in and valid - there's one in the Display Settings area, and another in Registration Settings.


This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 52
T
journeyman
journeyman
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 52
The best answer would be I'm not sure. Having used versions of UBB since 5.39 and having upgrades the boards through 4 different versions, I think I stopped worrying about this function working.

I can confirm that both email addresses are valid.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Briefly enable registration moderation - complete with admin notification - and then try registering a new user, and then approving him.

There should be three mails sent. The first will go to the user. The second will go to the admin to notify him that someone registered. The third, on approval, will go to both the user and the admin to notify both of the approval.

Are any of these three sent?


This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 52
T
journeyman
journeyman
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 52
Ok - never received the first email. Received the admin notification. Received one copy of the "third".

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 52
T
journeyman
journeyman
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 52
The "third" message was the one sent to the user, not the one sent to the admin.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
The third mail is identical to both, so that's fine.

Did you register that user with an email address at your domain, or an address hosted somewhere else?

If one, try the other to see if that makes a difference.


This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 52
T
journeyman
journeyman
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 52
Alright, I went away for new years...but now I'm back.

I did this again using an email at a different domain. Still no registration email at the new email address. All moderator emails show up just fine.

The new address did receive the user email telling me that the moderator (me) had declined the request.

From looking at the wordlets, with a moderated request, that new email address should have received the reg_html_mod note first, and then the reg_html_normal when approved?

It seems that none of the reg_html emails are going anywhere.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Okay, something's very wrong here.

At first, I suspected this was a server issue, but now I'm not sure. If you're not getting the initial email, but you ARE getting the decline...

That's impossible.

I really, really hate it when impossible things happen.

Please open up a support ticket. In the ticket, include a valid FTP & admin login to your site & board, as well as the URL to this ticket. Be sure to note in the ticket that it should be assigned to me.

I'll give your board a good talking to and try to figure out exactly what's going on...


This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 490 guests, and 102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)