Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
C Offline
Hi guys,

This is kinda off topic but I though you all would know the answer. I am the new admin/ webmaster of a board using ubb and have a question bout html editers that everyone here uses. This is my first time using a ubb board software and the man I am replacing uses DreamWeaver to edit the site. I have not used DreamWeaver much but he seems to think that it is the ebst program to use for the html site and the ubb software to keep it all working. My question is this should I take the time to use DreamWeaver or should I use a differnt HTML edit program? What do you guys use to edit your sites?

Thanks, Nathan

Former Developer
Former Developer
I would not advise editing any UBB files with DreamWeaver. For those, you are better off using a text editor if you need to edit any of the scripts.

Regarding maintaining the remaind of the site, it depends on what languages are being used. If you are using ASP, PHP, or Java for the rest, you will probably want an IDE (Integrated Development Environment) for the language. If it is just HTML, I don't see why DreamWeaver wouldn't do the job, unless you have a tool you like better.

For me:
My Site is coded in PHP, so I use Zend Studio. My HTML is written by hand (except nested tables. I use FrontPage to do tables)

Charles Capps
Former UBB.classic Maintainer
O
O Offline
All of my coding, be it perl, php, or html is done in UltraEdit. It does not offer the WYSIWYG editor many want however. If you know html, any text editor will work. If you don't, Dreamweaver would be a good bet

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally posted by Ron M:
[qb]My Site is coded in PHP, so I use Zend Studio. My HTML is written by hand (except nested tables. I use FrontPage to do tables) [/qb]
i thought i was the onlyone who did that... tables can be so anal sometimes

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,009 guests, and 174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29