Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 10
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 10
Sometimes, the moderators don't always have time to check certain threads.

I'd like the option to move topics to a private forum temporarily so the moderators can check them when they get the chance.

I've set up a private forum for this, however because the posts were made in a public forum, they can't be viewed in the private one.

At least I'm assuming that's why I can't see them.

Is there any way around this, or can anyone suggest a better way of doing things.

Many thanks
Steve

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
You should be able to move a topic from any forum into any other, regardless of the private status of either the source or the destination....


This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I'm thinking that he may have converted the forum to private thinking it'd adjust the posts within...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 10
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 10
Just to clarify. All our existing forums are public.

I set up a new private forum so I could transfer a susoect thread which the moderators could review in private when they had time. The intention being to edit posts and then transfer it back.

However, when I transferred it into the private forum, I couldn't view the thread.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Rick Gardner), 283 guests, and 175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)