Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#88935 05/26/2005 10:19 AM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 27
I
newbie
newbie
I Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 27
Recently I had to start using the registration queue because of a disruptive member that was banned who is trying to get back on the board. So I am a bit unfamiliar with how it works.

When I approve someone there is a box that says "Mail Approved Users?". I check that box and I assume that it mails them to let them know they have been accepted? But the weird thing is I get the email sent to me (the admin of the board). Is that just a copy?

And last question if I may...when someone registers on my board now, do they get some sort of notice that tells them they will need to be approved before they can post? Just wondering what the member is seeing when they register.

Thank you in advance for any info you can share.
Mark

#88936 05/26/2005 10:30 AM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 613
Likes: 6
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 613
Likes: 6
Yes, you get a copy of the approval mail sent to you.

In the email sent to the members, there is a notice saying that the registration must be approved before they can post. You can see that wording by going to your cp.cgi, Display Options -> Wordlet Lists

Choose Email, and goto the reg_html_mod and reg_text_mod, depending on whether you send out HTML or text messages.


Charles Capps
Former UBB.classic Maintainer
#88937 05/26/2005 11:54 AM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 27
I
newbie
newbie
I Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 27
Perfect! Thank you for the quick response Ron!
Mark


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, 1 invisible), 527 guests, and 135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)