Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#88979 06/23/2005 1:14 PM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 27
I
newbie
newbie
I Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 27
Is it possible to embed a search in a topic or a reply? Just wondering because I often get members asking a question that has been answered before. If I could just give then a link to a pre-set search it would be helpful.
Thanks.
Mark

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 174
R
member
member
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 174
you can't embed the results, but because searching adds a query string to your URL, you could link a user to your search results... once you've searched, and the results are displayed, copy the URL. then, use the Instant UBBCode "URL" button to add the URL to the search results.

Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 27
I
newbie
newbie
I Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 27
Thanks Kate, I think that will work perfectly for me!
Mark


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
4 members (mmem700, vscope, SteveS, 1 invisible), 668 guests, and 128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)