Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 12
J
jon
Offline
stranger
stranger
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 12
I am moving from a Unix to Linix server. My URL is the same and am not changing any file structure. Do I need to install the Infopop software first? or Can I simply transfer my three folders: forum, members, and ubb to the new server?

I have transfered these three folders to my local drive and was going to move these to the new server. Is that right? Then I just need to run the maintenance to correct paths?

I want to clearly understand this process before I start. I've read the related messages in this forum and it seems that I am on the right path.

thanks in advance from a newbee to forums

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 613
Likes: 6
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 613
Likes: 6
There is a handy guide to follow for transfers that can be found at https://www.ubbcentral.com/support/docs/ubbclassic/UBB6_backup_transfer.html

Following that will make your transfer much easier, and you can always post follow-up questions here if you run into trouble.


Charles Capps
Former UBB.classic Maintainer

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (SteveS, vscope), 455 guests, and 117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)