Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#89261 10/14/2005 3:56 PM
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 2
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 2
Here's the goal: Have a banner across the top that has the name of my site(logo) on the left, a section in the middle to write or update a couple headlines, and an ad on the right.

Below that top banner, have a large window on the left for the BB and then a column on the right (sidebar) for some blog ads.

I am no techy, but know enough HTML to be voted the guy most likely to make this happen.

I was originally going to do frames for the whole thing, but that won't fly because I want the sidebar and the BB to move at the same time... so the integrated sidebar on the BB seems like the smartest bet.

How do I get that going? And is there a way to create an HTML table right in the BB interface to appear at the top with my site's logo, a middle space for some links, and a right space for another seperate ad?

Help! If you want to respond in a manner detailed enough to suggest that I am largely clueless, I will welcome the detail.

Thanks!

d

#89262 10/14/2005 4:36 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
See "Style Settings", more specificly the "HTML Inserts" section; you can drop the table code right in the provided sections to create your sidebar(s).

For note, this have been addressed a few times at www.ubbdev.com in the "Forum Design and Integration" forum.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
#89263 10/14/2005 4:46 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 613
Likes: 6
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 613
Likes: 6


Charles Capps
Former UBB.classic Maintainer

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 563 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)