Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#89301 11/13/2005 4:54 PM
stranger
stranger
I think I asked this a LONG time ago, and I believe at that point the answer was yes, but I can't seem to find the post (it could have been on one of the other Infopop sites) so I'll ask it again.

I'm going to be releasing some downloadable software of my own through pretty much the same type of channel as UBB (downloadable, either forever or yearly update access, etc). So I'm wondering if it's OK for me to use the Groupee/UBB license agreement text as a basis for my own EULA statement, changing all the names appropriately.

I thought about using Creative Commons or GPL, but if I'm going to attempt to charge people for my game, they seem a little too unrestrictive for me. Groupee's distribution method is exactly the type of thing I'm looking for, so it'd be nice if I could just use this license as the basis for mine.

Thanks in advance.

---Jamin

#89302 11/13/2005 10:12 PM
M
journeyman
journeyman
M Offline
the text you see when you sign in/register?

#89303 11/14/2005 12:07 PM
stranger
stranger
Nope, the stuff that starts with...
THE LICENSEE ("YOU") SHOULD READ CAREFULLY THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS: THIS UBB.threadsÂȘ and UBB.classicÂȘ (THE "SOFTWARE" OR "UBB SOFTWARE") LICENSE AGREEMENT ("LICENSE") IS AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND GROUPEE INC. ("GROUPEE") FOR THE USE OF THE UBB SOFTWARE. BY LICENSING AND INSTALLING THE UBB SOFTWARE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE (UNLESS YOU HAVE ENTERED INTO A DIFFERENT LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR THE SOFTWARE SIGNED BY GROUPEE AND THAT AGREEMENT PROVIDES THAT IT WILL GOVERN YOUR USE OF THE UBB SOFTWARE). IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE, DO NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE. PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU HAVE A LEASED LICENSE, YOU MUST REMOVE THE UBB SOFTWARE AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE LEASE PERIOD, UNLESS YOU PROPERLY LICENSE THE UBB SOFTWARE.
---Jamin

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
3 members (rootman, Gizmo, Nightcrawler), 562 guests, and 186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29