Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 22
I
ib
Offline
stranger
stranger
I Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 22
Users hitting Back Key often shows wrong state. I've tried with caches on and off.

Any suggestions?

Does 6.7.3 address these issues.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 55
M
journeyman
journeyman
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 55
users hitting the back key a losing info is a browser issue, it really can't be fixed. It's all a matter of teaching them to not use the back button without saving whatever they want saved.

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 22
I
ib
Offline
stranger
stranger
I Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 22
No, I think it's a UBB problem.

You see thread list A,B,C,D,E,F

You Click B, read it, hit back

And see thread list C,D,E,F (A, B is missing)
refresh and it's back.

The browser never saw or cached this C,D,E,F

I see it myself and I use many boards and only on my UBB site I see it.

Shutting off the caches in UBB definitely helps but does not get rid of it completely.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Unless A and B were deleted, there is no way that they can simply disappear.

Also, never run a Classic board without using the cache.

Can we have the URL to your site?


This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 171 guests, and 128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)