Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#89486 03/06/2006 10:28 AM
K
stranger
stranger
K Offline
Is there a release date yet? I've reached my limit. With over 16,000 members and serving 100,000 to 140,000 page views a day, we have to do something soon. I really want to stay with Groupee, but need some kind of a time frame. My next move is to a server with dual processors, but new software is also a necessity.

Please be more specific with your answers. Don’t ask and don’t bug us about it isn’t a good way to take care of your existing customers. I’ve been with y’all since 2000, have 4 licenses, and feel that a little more of an explanation about the hold up is in order, as well as a timeline we can count on.

#89487 03/06/2006 11:07 AM
Former Developer
Former Developer
Last that was announced was in November. I'm sure that when Dave is ready to put out more information, there will be more.

Speaking from past experiences, the particular questions you are asking (release date, timeline, explanation) won't be addressed until there is a firm date, and probably weeks before the Release from beta. The same types of questions have been asked about almost every release for as long as I've been around Infopop's forums.

Charles Capps
Former UBB.classic Maintainer
#89488 03/06/2006 11:39 AM
K
stranger
stranger
K Offline
Ron-

This is a totally different situation. Upgrades are one thing, but when you announce "end of life" for existing products and customers have been waiting a year for something new, you are creating a customer service issue.

Your post does nothing more than echo the basis of my frustration. We need some answers. I am an extremely loyal Groupee customer, but am being forced to research other solutions.

#89489 03/06/2006 12:05 PM
Former Developer
Former Developer
Unfortunately, this is the same situation. "End of Life" has only been announced for 5.x boards. End of life has NOT been announced for any 6.x releases as of this post. Currently, 6.x is still supported, there will just be 6.7.x releases in the future.

I understand you are frustrated and anxious for the new product. We all are. However, coming on the boards demanding a timeline, an explanation and a release date is not going to provoke them to release more information. Believe Me. I have seen this exact same discussion happen not only here, but Trillian, StormLab, and a few other products I use. The developers cannot give out too much information or the competition will use that against them.

A similar thing can be said about a release date. If Dave or CC posted a release date, every customer would hold them to that date. They wouldn't care that there were circumstances that were out of their control. They would be posting on here "You said it would be out on XXX. Where is my product?".

Charles Capps
Former UBB.classic Maintainer
#89490 03/06/2006 7:05 PM
K
stranger
stranger
K Offline
I’m not interested in arguing with you. And excuse my improper use of terminology in reference to “end of life,” but we have been told there will be no more major upgrades for Classic or Threads. As far as I can understand, that means both products have reached the end of their run. I’m not talking about support – I’m talking about products that will better serve the needs of those with growing communities.

I also have a right to ask questions of the company I do business with. I’m at a crossroads with the current product, do not want to switch to a Groupee managed server and am looking for information before I am forced to go with another solution. I made a call this AM and the person that answered had no information. Hopefully one of the decision makers in the company will respond to this.

6 months ago I wasn’t worried about the new release because I assumed it was just a few months off. Now I have no choice. I may be able to hold out a few more months, but if it is any longer than that, I need to make some changes. Bottom line is; there are other people in the same situation as me – we need a little more communication.

#89491 03/06/2006 11:45 PM
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Trust me, I'd love to tell you and everyone else everything that's been going on the past two years in regards to the new product. Right now, unfortunately, we have nothing new to give.

Trust me though, we completely understand how irked people are about the lack of communication. Unfortunately we have learned through extensive experience that talking about things that are not set in stone only leads to problems down the road. We're not going to announce anything until we have something worthy of announcement.

This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
#89492 03/07/2006 9:49 PM
K
stranger
stranger
K Offline
Charles-

Are downloadable message boards still a priority at Groupee or has focus gone to your hosted solution? I have no issues with your answer either way, but it will help me in the decision making process.

#89493 03/07/2006 10:43 PM
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
While the majority of the company is working on Groupee Community 2.0, the downloadable team (me, Rick, Dave, and Kate) has remained unchanged in our commitment to the downloadables.

This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Havenofsobriety, rootman), 624 guests, and 106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29