Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#912 06/30/2006 11:53 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 29
O
newbie
newbie
O Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 29
Will it be possible to make it so that newbies can post only on a specified "newbie" forum until they have posted a specified number of posts (when they are then automatically allowed to post anywhere).

Also, would be good if PMs could only be possible once newbies had posted a certain number of posts.

Thanks, looks good

ostrich #913 07/01/2006 12:31 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
This would likely end up a modification if anything, as i don't think many people would *want* this ability...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #915 07/01/2006 5:24 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 29
O
newbie
newbie
O Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 29
OK thanks. As for people wanting it, some in our community have actually requested it (as many newbies come in without reading things and just post the same thing over and over again)...... a "training ground" would be good. smile

Thanks

ostrich #916 07/01/2006 5:26 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Your best bet is to request this as a modification at ThreadsDev once .Threads7 is out.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #928 07/01/2006 12:39 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 142
G
member
member
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 142
Well, once upon a time I wrote a post count based automatic group changer, which could add users to a new group when they reach specific post counts. Don't think it would be that hard to write it for UBBT7.


aka Olle Johansson
Gardener #933 07/01/2006 6:39 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
True, you could set all forums but the newbie forum to a post count of say 20 posts, then you wouldn't have much to worry about from newbies elsewhere... But it'd require the mod adapted to 7 hehe


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Geoff), 494 guests, and 94 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)