Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 29
O
newbie
newbie
O Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 29
I have a flashing icon next to My Space on the top bar. It has been there since I first logged in and won't go away... and nothing there when I click on it.

[Linked Image]

Also when I first tried to post this thread, I made a mistake and had to click on "Back" in my browser.... when I did that, all of my text had gone so I had to retype it all.

Also..... smile ..... will we be able to put our own header graphic and links/text at the top of the pages like we can in classic?

Thanks

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
The flashing mail icon was a little bug. I forgot to set one of the new options when upgrading here. It should be gone for you now.

Yes, you'll be able to include your own header graphic and add links or text at the top from the control pnael.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 29
O
newbie
newbie
O Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 29
Yes it has gone now.

Thanks.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 225
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 225
Maybe its time the flashing icon was retired and replaced with something a little more updated and better placed. I took it out of 6.5.x and replaced it with a flashing text box that people now notice more.


Join Europes biggest BMW M Car owners site
M-Torque - www.mtorque.co.uk

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, 1 invisible), 522 guests, and 131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)