Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#95937 10/24/2000 9:49 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I'm trying to move my UBB from www.portent.net to a new server on 64.45.60.82. I've tared it, moved it, chmoded everything again, and now I'm trying to change the general settings. I've changed cplinks.html to point to the ip address but whenever I try to change the paths in "General" to the new ones for my server it pops up an error saying the path to the Members directory is incorrect. Is this because cplinks.html only accept domain names?

Despite the warning on the page that walks you through moving a server I've had to login using my regular password because i couldn't find this link it mentioned ("Click the link to configure UBB for the first time"). Is this a problem? Also, checking environment variables pops up, amongst the other lines:

DOCUMENT_ROOT: /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs

instead of /home/sites/home/web/ as it should be.

Any help with solving this problem ASAP would be much appreciated as its the last hurdle to complete before I can launch my new site.

Cheers,

Pete Closs
Portent Webmaster

#95938 10/27/2000 5:03 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Does nobody here have any suggestions of how to solve this problem, it's been three days now since my enquiry? My UBB is the most successful part of my site so I need it up and running as soon as possible before I get too many complaints that it's down as I've no relaunched the rest of the site. I tried to supply as much detail as possible but if there was anything I missed let me know and I'll provide that detail ASAP. Thanks in advnace for any help you can offer.

Cheers,

Pete Closs
Portent Webmaster

#95939 10/27/2000 6:43 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I've seen it where UBB won't work very well using IP addresses as opposed to the domain name. Are you transitioned yet where you can code cplinks for the domain name? I'm not at a place where I can help you much until later tonight.

------------------
Doug
darksaber.hispeed.com
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

#95940 10/27/2000 10:51 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
As a followup, can you give me a link to your new web hosts website. Want to review their cgi FAQ.

------------------
Doug
darksaber.hispeed.com

#95941 10/28/2000 2:46 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Originally posted by SWFan:
As a followup, can you give me a link to your new web hosts website. Want to review their cgi FAQ.
I'm using hostpro.com, but since it is an unmanaged Cobalt box you'd be better off checking www.hostpro.com . Thanks for your help, I'll wait for the domain to get up and running and try then.

Cheers,

Pete Closs
Portent Webmaster

#95942 10/28/2000 3:22 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
So is this a dedicated server? Also, have you tried uploading the hello.cgi and ubb_test.cgi files to your cgi-bin/ubb directory to see if they will work?

------------------
Doug
darksaber.hispeed.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
3 members (rootman, Gizmo, Nightcrawler), 562 guests, and 186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29