Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I've just set up a new forum, have tried to post a message and I'm am getting this error messaage: "Unable to open threads file in forum 3: Permission denied"

Any idea what this could be?

I've tried posting with both my Admin username & a normal user name, the same thing happens with both. There's no restrictions on posting.

Version 5.47b
http://craigdavid.hypnosismedia.com/cgi-bin/ubb/Ultimate.cgi

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I'm now having further problems. After the initial problem, I registered as a member and got my password. I then tried to post and was told my password was wrong, I then registered again with another name, got my password and it worked fine.

I then rebuilt the member files under my admin name to see if this fixed the problem with the previous name I had registered - it didn't. I then tried to look at something else in my control panel and got the error message telling me that the username I had type didn't exist (this is my admin username!) I then tried using 4 different usernames (inc. admin) to post a message and non of them worked - each time it said that they didn't exist.

I'm now stuck because I can't gain access to my control panel & from the looks of it no one can post on the board.

As you can imagine this is a fairly major problem and it appears that the board has a serious problem somewhere, as this problem is added to the one above.

Has anyone got any idea what this could be and how to fix it?

I'm pretty desperate....

Version 5.47b
http://craigdavid.hypnosismedia.com/cgi-bin/ubb/Ultimate.cgi

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
This issue is going to need to be looked at by Infopop. Please open a support ticket for further support. Thanks.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,073 guests, and 180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29