Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#99969 10/23/2000 7:37 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I have managed to set the files up correctly etc on my site, however when I go to the pahe cp.html and clcik on the topics on the left frame, a new window opens up and I am prompted that I have selected to download the file cpanel.cgi.

I have set the directory permissions to script so am wondering why I receive this prompt instead of the script file being executed.
http://216.247.67.110/ubb/cp.html

UPdate: When I set the settings on the directory to execute, I receive an internal error 500 instead of the correct pages.

I have tested this configuration on a page hosted by the same company and the program works well.

I have set the permissions for both the ubb and cgi-bin/ubbcgi directories at RWXD but when I clcik on the links on the cp.html file, I receive a "Page cannot be displayed error"

Any suggestions?

Thanks

[This message has been edited by Stratified (edited 10-23-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Stratified (edited 10-24-2000).]

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
500 ISE: can you recheck your perl installation and verify the mappings for .pl and .cgi are correct?

Page not found - it appears as if the files are simply not there. Can you verify this?

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I have verified the map to perl. I installed a test script which you can access at http://216.247.67.110/cgi-bin/test/wtest.pl

As you can verify, the map to perl is #!/usr/bin/perl on the test script which is the same as what I have in cpanel.cgi.

I have verified that the files are in the correct directory on the server.

Further suggestions?

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I moved from a NT IIS to WIN2K and they only are able to accept .pl files (.cgi gives a 500).

Am I obverly optimistic to rename all .cgi files to .pl?

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I tried setting forums.cgi to forums.pl and got the following error:CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

syntax error at d:216.247.67.110cgi-binubbcgiforums.pl line 1, near "|"
Execution of d:216.247.67.110cgi-binubbcgiforums.pl aborted due to compilation errors.

It seems others are having the same problem as I am so I don't think it is anything I am doing.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
you cannot rename the files, just set the .cgi files to run just like .pl files, you will find that in the mapping settings on iis.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Go to your default website properties:

Home Directory Tab, click configuration, if it does not exist or is grayed out click "Create".

On the App Mappings tab click Add.

On the executable tab put the following (Put your actual install dir):

D:PerlBinPerl.exe %s %s

On the extention put .cgi

On the Exclusions I put PUT, DELETE but this may not work, test with and without...beware of hte security potential risk with it in there though.

Now, it appears the latest version of Perl does not put that mapping in there, so this will be a common error...(and this was my first install of it too...in years)...

Scott

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
it will not automaticly map .cgi but it will by default map .pl files, so you just add the .cgi mapping exactly as the .pl files, but if i were you i would use perlis.dll it is much faster. i think it is mapped as plx, or somethign close to that.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
3 members (Nightcrawler, Outdoorking, 1 invisible), 818 guests, and 395 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29