Thread Like Summary
isaac
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#263824 05/12/2020 8:29 PM
by Morgan
Morgan
Hi

It seems that most outgoing emails from our forum does not work.
Have done no change in settings then suddenly

Outgoing emails is not getting thru. I can see that posts for subscribed lists is sent in the logs but don't come.
Temp pw's don't come to other members
New member verification emails don't reach receivers.

I did change forum email from @britbike.com to my icloud email adress but nothing comes there either.
How can I check so that I know that the forum is ok.
I will of course open a ticket to my host but I'm not sure how to address this issue. My emails work when I send regular emauls in between them.

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers
Liked Replies
#263825 May 12th a 08:36 PM
by Gizmo
Gizmo
If your email address doesn't match your domain name all of the mail is likely going to bulk and spam folders; your forum email address should always be on the same domain as your site.

Additionally, some servers will not allow mail to be sent from addresses outside of the hosted domain.
1 member likes this
#263829 May 12th a 09:17 PM
by Gizmo
Gizmo
Can you use the send email tool to test if you can get mail messages delivered from the Control Panel:
CP -> Tools -> Send Mail

Are all files currently running on your site stock/untouched from the install archive (no modifications)? Have you tested with the original email address? Are your UBB.threads email settings correct? Have you checked in any spam folders on the account you're sending from and your account you're supposed to be getting mail at? Does the UBB.threads log indicate the messages are being sent?
1 member likes this
#263831 May 12th a 09:30 PM
by Gizmo
Gizmo
Originally Posted by Morgan
**PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. IT IS NOT MONITORED**
Have you removed this and tested to see if it was triggering some sort of filter on the server?

I'm not really sure what could be going on server side that could be attributing to these problems...
1 member likes this
#263827 May 12th a 08:52 PM
by Gizmo
Gizmo
Try to email a random thread to yourself; if it comes through then you should be good to go...

Sending mail was working before you changed your email address, right?

Are you using the default mail settings, or do you have an advanced configuration?
Attachments
1 member likes this
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
4 members (Outdoorking, Ruben, Nightcrawler, 1 invisible), 866 guests, and 254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29