Thread Like Summary
FREAK
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#264114 08/29/2020 5:17 PM
by FREAK
FREAK
Hello -

My question is in regard to page views.

If I make a post and someone visits, that's one view, they don't reply to the post. I go ahead and make another post. The same person refreshes the page to see the update but it doesn't count as another view even though in all reality it is.

I can make 50 replies to the same post and the same person can refresh the page 50 times but it counts as one view.

It was explained to me by Ruben but I don't agree with how it was set up. A page view whether by a visit the first time is one view and if they refresh the page it should count as another no matter the time frame or set up.

Why was it set up this way? Is there a way to change this?

Thanks
Liked Replies
#264123 Aug 29th a 08:14 PM
by Gizmo
Gizmo
Also, I would make a complete backup of your database before making any changes; large amounts of excess writing could result in database corruption on the target tables.

Additionally there is a trigger which will write updates to the topics table from the topic_views temporary table (update_views_counter from /libs/ubbthreads.inc.php); it is generally updated when the cache is cleared, a post is added, or a user logs in.
1 member likes this
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Nightcrawler), 803 guests, and 448 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29