Thread Like Summary
isaac
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by BellaOnline
BellaOnline
Hey everyone, it's been a while. I'm finally sitting down to revamp my BellaOnline forums a bit. I'm considering adding the ad insert between posts #1 and posts #2 which I haven't done in a past. Usually I just put ads in the header, sidebar, and footer of my forum.

To test it out, I created a custom island with my ad code. I then added that custom island only to the Low Carb forum, to see how it did. I used the standard 'custom island insert' option to do that.

Here's the forum area -

https://forums.bellaonline.com/ubbthreads.php/forums/221/1/low-carb

I'm not seeing any sign of the custom ad in between posts 1 and 2 of any area within low carb. Am I misunderstanding how it should work?

If you view source on a page and look for the word 'responsive' you should find the other 3 ads easily. There should be a fourth one now showing up between posts 1 and 2.

Thanks!
Liked Replies
by Gizmo
Gizmo
Its granular because you can setup "VIP" or any other group that has no ads (or an admin/mod group).

It'd take a database query to achieve a mass permission copy; while unsupported as it's accessing the database directly one would:

Set "Must View Ad Island" for ALL groups:
SQL Query
UPDATE `ubbt_FORUM_PERMISSIONS` SET `AD_ISLAND` = '1';

Set the Ad Island for EVERY forum to Island #1:
SQL Query
UPDATE `ubbt_FORUMS` SET `FORUM_ISLAND_INSERT` = '1';

Forum permissions are cached in the ubbt_CACHED_PERMISSIONS table, so rebuilding forum permissions or submitting an edit should push the changes out after a query is run manually.
1 member likes this
by Gizmo
Gizmo
I believe that the permissions are cached in the ubbt_CACHED_PERMISSIONS table, so rebuilding forum permissions or submitting an edit should push the changes out after a query change.
1 member likes this
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Geoff), 1,018 guests, and 215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29