Thread Like Summary
Geoff
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#265994 03/16/2024 3:26 AM
by azr
azr
Hi - I've been looking for a new forum software for a particular use case and found this on the wikipedia list of forum software.

- Is it still supported? Is there a new version out soon (v8?)
- What is the theme/addon ecosystem like?
- How has security been? Exploit fixes, security updates, or is it generally secure since the start? Or is it only secure due to obscurity?

Thanks
Liked Replies
#265997 Mar 20th a 02:32 AM
by Gizmo
Gizmo
Just to clarify
Originally Posted by Ravenfreak
I believe the staff that are active here don't work on UBB threads but the developer pops in from time to time.
Isaac and I are the only developers on the project, and we both have day jobs (we're contractors, we are not employees by UBBSystems); progression of code here is done in our spare time away from our day jobs and family (not to mention any contract payment is only done on a full version completion), hence the lul in development at times.

The owner of the product stops in from time to time but generally checks backend support tickets through the support desk.

Private development is available through VNC Web Services if one needed additional features built into the software.

As always I've been here supporting the product since the 90's, out of respect for the community that got me interested in coding. This is done for free to the community on these user to user forums. Additional modification support is also available at the UBBDev community which also hosts articles, modifications, images, and tutorials also free of charge.
1 member likes this
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, 1 invisible), 692 guests, and 171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29