You can't blame me for trying to fix your board
My board? To ne honest I don't really care about this bug, as I can just go and disable the forums as a workaround.

Personally I prefer the sort of customer service where the customer is to be treated with an air of respect, and his whims, no matter how stupid they may seem to the developer, are catered for. What I don't like is the situation where the customer feels like he has to tiptoe over broken glass with the developer in order not to offend their sensitivites over their software they have been working on for the past few years. Certainly in this case, I get the feeling that I can not express myself fully without the fear of being criticized for my opinion. And I am a paying customer!

There are many reasons why I might not want to give anyone my username/passwords! Think about the situation where I use the same password in different situations. You should be fully understanding of my feeling this way, rather than trying to make me feel guilty for not exposing my entire server to you via FTP.