Most people are suspitious about anything that requires your own email program, furthermore, they will probably get a bad impression from the site´s "high" technology that needs you to open your own browser.

I think that making the return address the one of who sends the page, that is, of the member (remember, they need a valid email to sign up) should be fine. If you ever want to complain about spam, you generally reply back. In this case, to the spammer.

And what kind of spam can you really make through a forum? The whole thing sounds stupid to me. So in the extreme case that you are "spammed", you check the board and reply saying you hate this "company" that has spammed you telling everybody what they´ve done to you, and so on.... at a forum! Who wants to send anyone to a forum through spam where all your victims can gather and get on you... If you want to do spam, spamming through a forum seems really stupid to me.

Plus, if you have moderators at your site making sure there is no "spam messages" in it, nobody will be able to send them cause they get deleted.

That is my opinion.

Mateo Byler
<A HREF="http://crucedecaminos.com" target="_new">CruceDeCaminos.com</A>