That's true, but don't most hosts specify IRC as the usual
persona non grata? Could an added chat module take up even more server resources than the bulletin board itself?
Another feature which I thought was quite useful was the
Multiple Identity Detector addon from Threadsdev. Sometimes an admin can spend a lot of time & effort in matching up people's IPs to see if they're one and the same person, and often the IP won't even give a definite answer (dial-up, proxy, etc.). This feature seems very useful in such circumstances.
Also (I'm not sure if this is a bug or not...), would be great if the new product took its character encoding techniques from Classic. I don't ever recall having any problems there, whereas in Threads I can't even use the Euro symbol for instance when posting (also cut&pastes often contain similar errors). Don't ever recall having a problem with this in UBBC...