[]Replies no longer have their own subject, so that problem has been solved. [/]
Can I ask why? Replies IN the subject is a major plus from the point of view of many of my threaded users -- if their reply is short and to the point, they can simply type it into the subject line and hit enter. Saves the poster's time because they don't have to bother to put anything in the message field, and saves the reader's (in threaded mode) time, because they don't even have to bother to open those posts where the entire post is contained in the subject.
Most of the board is closed to non-members, but you can see what I mean here:
http://www.sonny-and-carly.com/show...=39476&an=0&page=0#39476When I, as a threaded user, see those (EOM)s I know I don't have to read that post. Saves me three pageloads and all the database queries that would go with that.
My users would miss their automatic EOMs terribly!