I'm having a problem with the cache versions of my portal boxes - specifically, Who's Online and Forum Statistics. All of my portal boxes are built into the template, so they're technically external. I've got Always Build checked on each one, and if I clear the cache manually it seems to fix it. But they never seem to update themselves.

Who's Online is currently stuck saying "1 registered (Jamin) and 0 anonymous users online" even when the forum index shows several people currently viewing various forums. And the Forum Statistics still says 539 total members, when the Newest Members box says 546. So I'm guessing the Newest Members box is working fine, since it's always correct. Dunno why the other two aren't working.

All the files in the /cache folder are CHMOD'd to 666 (the folder itself is 777), and if I try to change the CHMOD manually through FTP, I get the error "550 Could not change perms on whatever file: Bad file descriptor."

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for any help.

http://se7enet.com/forums/ubbthreads.php is my URL, if you need to look at it.

---Jamin

Last edited by Rick; 10/24/2006 1:45 PM.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."