I'm finally about to upgrade an old installation (6.3.1) to version 7. I uploaded the files in the 6.5.5 importer folder, and managed to run the altertables successfully to get to version 6.4.1. The next step seems to be a jump to 6.5, and I'm stuck. I constantly get the error message, "Please make sure you have moved main.inc.php, config.inc.php and theme.inc.php into your includes directory as one or more of the mentioned files are missing."

None of the files are missing. I've checked and rechecked that they are there. I've deleted them and uploaded them again. I've confirmed that permissions are correct. I looked at the files themselves to confirm they contain the correct information. I've even deleted my entire upgrade installation twice to start from scratch, and always get stuck at this step.

Is there something which can trigger the "Please make sure you have moved main.inc.php, config.inc.php and theme.inc.php into your includes directory as one or more of the mentioned files are missing" error, that doesn't involve any of the files actually being missing?