Basil - I tried signing up to your forums - but got denied due to an IP lookup failure????

When I emailed you, I got a rather sad automatic message back indicating that you had got fed up with trying to import and that you were a bit fed-up with your forums as a result of folks not accepting all your hard work and dedication.

Well - this post is just to say - don't give up!! If you need help or suggestions we are here to assist. That is one of the reason why we are mods (not just for the green writing!)

People do not like change - that is a fact - however the best option is just to ignore those people - they will come round in the end.

I am about to move over to 7.x and know that like you, I will get people who are used to their colours, their way of clicking on certain links etc... But give it a few days and they will fall into line.

Just tell them that you need to upgrade due to security issues - tell them that you can't keep battling against hackers 24/7. The simple truth is that 6.x is now EOL - we have to move on - in the same way as we need to say goodbye to older versions of windows because M$ will not keep providing patches for ever...

Oh and of course folks who write mods for Threads will only write and support them for the latest version, which offers many new and exciting options in the weeks/months to come!

7.1 will have post tracking, which may be important to some - it also has a mood indicator, and other nifty bits which will please some. The back end also allows Rick to start adding new features and expand Threads to appeal to many more users, and to give you even more options.

Maybe you can wait until 7.1 comes out as a public beta and upgrade to that - either way don't let the b....... grind you down... grin