Oh, that was you!!?? blush Well, here's the deal with why you were not approved (it's not personal). In the past I have had MANY spammers sign up for the single purpose of posting their SPAM to my forums, so I decided to start personally approving all new members. I generally look for a couple of things. First, do they have a British Car, or are they looking for one? If not, then the red flag goes up already. Then, I do an IP trace to see if they are really located where they say they are. You'd be surprised how many I've had register who put down "Texas" or something similar, but when I trace their IP it ends up in China (a country which, by the way, my APF firewall blocks for brute force attempts almost on a daily basis). Ok, so when I saw your registration, you said UK, but when I traced your IP (standard procedure for me these days), it came back as Australia? It has been my experience that many spammers from Southeast Asian countries use AU-hosted servers, so I was suspicious and that's what happened (it may have been the gmail you were using, or are you really in AU?). But you don't need to register on my forum to help out (at the moment I'm trying to just stay away from it for awhile anyway), I'll use this forum as a sounding board.

You know, and I know, that T7 is a good great forum solution. I think my BIG mistake was introducing it so abruptly to my members with the mistaken assumption that they would be as enthusiastic about it as I was/am. Boy was I wrong! I will take some time to think things through, then I will decide how best to proceed. I do know that no matter what I do, or how I do it, there are going to be some folks who will not like it and let me know that, so I know I’ll just have to accept that fact. The thing that really makes this all so ridiculous is that I KNOW that if they would just have given it half a chance they would have found the pluses far out weight the negatives. I also think that 7.1 will cure a LOT of what they did not like. Maybe not everything, but a lot. So, I’ll keep you informed here as I proceed, but for the moment I’m just “letting go” for awhile so I can decompress.

Regards,
Basil