I am trying to install Threads for the first time. (We have a lively Classic 6.7.3 board.)
I have come to a roadblock on the Database settings.
I enter the following:
Database server: localhost
Database name: WHITNEY
Database user: WHITNEY1
and the password.
Clicking the Check database Settings button returns:
Here we are checking your database connectivity and permissions. If any of these checks fail you will need to correct the errors in order to proceed.
Connecting to server FAILED
Connecting to database FAILED
One or more of the above checks failed. Click the button below to return to the previous screen to verify your settings.
I called the tech support line, and the guy tried it on that end, and it failed as well. He says the "localhost" is the correct name for the Database Server.
The only thing I have done differently in the primary install is to create the installation directory under /httpdocs as the name "forum" rather than "forums".
Hope someone here can help me out.
Thanks in advance.